Letter from James
11/19/2006 5:18 PM
Dear Family and Friends,
My three boys and I arrived back in New York this afternoon. It wasn't long before Sydney was calling me and wanting to know when her brothers would get to the hospital. We hurried to the hospital, but Sydney had fallen asleep from all the pain medication. She awoke in horrible, gut wrenching pain in her legs and arms. They gave her heavy doses of morphine. It still took about twenty minutes for the pain to subside. Then she fell asleep. Later we had to administer a breathing treatment that appeared to torture her. Then the bone pain came back in agonizing waves. Then more narcotics. Now she is watching funniest home videos with her brothers. Everybody is laughing, but me.
I have only been here a few hours. I have constantly been on the verge of sobbing. Sydney is an incredible fighter, she just keeps bouncing back. It is amazing that Lynette has not had a nervous breakdown under this strain; nursing Sydney through the pain, the months of sleep deprevation, and waiting for test results; it is torture.
Sydney is fighting battles on numerous fronts; healing from lung surgery, fighting back a collapsed lung, dangerous fungus infection in her lungs, cancer in her bone marrow, and horrible bone pain.
It is now Sunday and what a miraculous change. Sydney has had a very good morning. They have changed her pain medication and it is working. What a joy it is to see her feeling good.
Grateful for you,
The Lord is my Shepherd.
Please pray . . .
- "Trust in the Lord with all your heart . . . . The Lord will direct your path."
- The pain has all but gone away. We were directed to use a new medicine.
- Sydney is eating.
- She is feeling much better.
- She is having a blast with her brothers (and cousins who dropped by).
- Lynette is at peace and has a renewed strength (which began before Sydney was feeling better).
- We have so many disciples blessing and encouraging us.
- We are so blessed to have Family and Friends.
- That Sydney is miraculously healed.
- The pain never returns.
- The fungus disease is healed.
- Her lungs completely heal.
- For a successful transplant.
- That God interacts with us in a very clear way. (We are still and listen).
- That I (James) have a thankful heart towards God.
- Our caretakers are encouraged and strengthened.