Letter from James
06/23/2006 9:25 PM
Good morning all!
We are writing from HOME today! Sydney was released yesterday for a few days and we came home rejoicing. Praise the Lord. There were welcome home signs and balloons to welcome her (Thank you).We will head back next week to start a second round of chemo. We did receive the preliminary test on the bone itself and the report was excellent, they do not see any cancer yet. They are still searching deeper, but are amazed at the results and are looking at shortening the chemo.
It is so good to be home. Sydney had a great night and we are looking forward to the new day the Lord has given us. I do have to admit that I became a little fearful last night. I know our house if full of germs and I began to fear Sydney would get something, start running a fever and we would have to shorten our stay. Her immune system is still VERY low. I had James pray with me and went to bed. When I awoke I went to the Bible and this is the verse God directed me to: "For all who are being led by the spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to FEAR again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba Father!" Romans 8:14-15
Then I read my devotional and it was the story of Peter walking to Jesus across the water. Peter stepped out of the boat in faith, but as he walked he saw how big the waves were and how strong the wind was and he began to sink. He then called out to Jesus to save him. The devotional went on to say, "When the Lord calls you to come across the water, step with confidence and joy. And never glance away from Him for even a moment. You will not prevail by measuring the waves or grow strong by gauging the wind. Attempting may actually cause you to fall before itů"Lift up your eyes to the hills" (Psalm 121) and go forward." (Streams in the Desert) I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this was the verse it ended on. I am always amazed at the way God speaks to me. You all have encouraged us to not glance away from Him. Your notes are food to our soul and we thank you so much. We are continually blessed and thankful for you.
It is now 8:00 p.m. and our Doctor just called and said Sydney's final bone marrow biopsy result is in; NO CANCER. The results were as good as the doctor could have hoped for. As a matter of fact, all three test results were GREAT.
Grateful for all of you,
Please pray . . .
- No cancer was found in any of the three test results.
- Sydney's bone marrow is recovering.
- Sydney's cough is gone.
- Sydney's blood work is recovering.
- Hospitalization insurance worked out.
- Lynette's confidence in God and His clear communication with her.
- Test results show that Sydney's brothers are not predisposed to Leukemia.
- Sydney's has not run fever for over nine days and her energy is improved.
- Sydney's central line looks good and her cough is under control.
- We have clarity on the place to do the bone marrow, Memorial Sloan Kettering.
- That the perfect bone marrow donor will be found and available when needed.
- For her total healing, if she has not already been healed.
- That she will be protected from infection.
- That her cough stays away.
- For protection from negative side effects of any kind.
- For her to remain happy, joyful, and at peace.
- That we all have complete confidence in God and That we are clearly hearing from him.