Letter from James
5/23/2006 4:00 PM
We checked back into the hospital Monday morning. They tried to put an IV in Sydney, and it took almost three hours. It was excruciating, but Little Sydney shrugged it off. She is a fearless little girl, who has the heart of a lion. Let's pray her Dad has one percent the courage she has.
The Doctors all agreed on the chemo game plan. Today they did a quick operation to install a central line. I was anxiously waiting at the door when they wheeled her out of recovery. She looked beautiful and completely alert. She immediately started bossing me around. Well that didn't faze or slow her down.
They will start Chemo this afternoon and continue for 10 days. Then get her healthy as quickly as possible and do it again. After that, hopefully we will be ready for a bone marrow transplant.
Lynette is holding up well, although you get glimpses of the terrible strain she going through. This would be horrible for anyone, but Lynette is hyper sensitive to anyone or thing in pain. Even if she just finds an injured animal hurt she nurses it back to health or finds someone that can. Lynette continues to renew her mind with the truth and prays continually. The Lord is clearly holding her up.
Please pray for Sydney . . .
Please pray for us . . .
- To be miraculously healed
- Health and strength
- To not get fearful, but to have peace
- To have no painful or negative side effects from the chemo
Thank you for your concern and prayers,
- Our boys, that this terrifying time galvanizes their faith
- To see the blessings around us
- To have continued hope
- To hear and understand God clearly
- All the family and friends who are propping us up
- To have confidence in God
- During the night and the first hour after we wake up, because this is an especially difficult time for us
So do not fear, for I am with you
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God
I will strengthen you and help you
I will uphold you with my righteous hand